Thursday 6 October 2011

So Far, So Good pt. 2

This is going to cover some of the best fights I have had over the last month or so.  Unfortunately ones I missed out on frapsing cause I'm a. a cheap git and didn't get a full version till recently and b. utter fail when it comes to switching on at the beginning of fights and this makes me sad.

Good Fights

Vengeance vs. Rifter, Thrasher, Tristan and Taranis

I was on a roam around the usual areas of Minnie Militia when I had finally gotten back to glorious Amamake with its new PL locals.  Warping to one of my usual spots of the top belt I see a thrasher and Tristan sitting around 20km off the centre with a Rifter I had been attempting to catch about 300km off the belt in another direction.  Fancying my chances to at least take one or two out I warped to the belt at 50km and tried to get the thrasher and tristan to split up.

This was working quite well, until the Tristan got within 20km he turned around and started to burn towards the belt again.  Now I was itching for a fight so I started to burn towards them as fast as my little ship could go....I soon realised my mistake when the Thrasher and Tristan were suddenly on me, I had been baited into a brawl.  Doing the only thing I could do I attempted to brawl them down.  I pointed up the thrasher and threw my scram and web on him pulling range in an attempt to lower his incoming dps whilst slowly working on his buffer.  With my tank taking a hit from both the ships, we were joined by the rifter pilot from earlier.  So what was a 2v1 was now a 3v1, I needed to get the incoming dps down sharpish.
Overheating my tank and rocket launchers the thrasher went into armor then popped, I pointed the tristan and using the same tactics as before I pulled range and started to chip at his ships buffer he also exploded.  This left just me and the rifter, my tank was holding as I pointed him and went through his tank.  He popped in a blue flash and gfs were exchanged with all in local.

As I began to loot the field a PL Taranis appeared 25km away from me, he pointed me and expecting the PL gang to appear as well or that I would get one shot by a titan I was resigned to my fate and started firing back.  He popped alot faster than I thought he would and the gang never came so I finished looting the field and warped off having enjoyed a great fight and a real vindication of my choice in ships.

Vengeance vs. Daredevil

This was quite possibly my favourite 1v1 for two reasons, firstly I had a gang 1 jump out that were going to jump in once I got tackle and secondly its a frigging daredevil, a well fit one.  So I will set the scene for this, the three of us were out on a roam, a thrasher, vengeance and slicer(honestly cant remember what the other guys were in just know they were small) when I spotted a Daredevil sitting on a gate in the system ahead.  Reporting as such over comms I warped to a belt to tempt him into shooting me with the plan being once  I had him tackled they would jump in and we would kill him.

He warped in and we proceeded to open fire, I knew I was never going to dictate range in this fight being in a slow ship being 90% webbed means its just not going to happen.  I still overheated my AB to try my best to mess up the Daredevils tracking as best I could whilst making my repper work harder than usual.  Giving the sign over the comms I was just trying to hold on long enough for the rest of the gang to arrive but then I noticed something...the Daredevil was in structure and I was still in my armor, no one else had arrived and suddenly a blue flash and the DD pilot was staring at me from his pod.

Stupid Losses

Minus the beginning of this month a lot of my losses so far have either come from great fights (My Vengeances attempt to tank two Dramiels for example) or stupid things (Losing a Battle Buzzard to gate guns), I need to cut out the stupid losses if I want to become efficient otherwise I am going to run low on isk fast even if it cost less than 100mil to stock my ships up for a month, based on current loss data.
I also should probably stop playing when drunk as I have lost a couple of really strangely fitted ships due to this and I could really do without it.  Even if waking up the next day to find some strange fraps you have no recollection of can be quite amusing.

Video

I am in the process of making a pvp video.  Its mostly frigate combat with some larger ship fights thrown in.  I warn you though I have no idea what I am doing when it comes to video editing software so be prepared for some badly edited video :).




Hopefully I will get the video finished this evening (6/10/2012) and I can get it uploaded, keep getting the problem that as soon as I think its done I get a fight that I want to put in it but ah well guess I will just have to be stricter with which fights get in there.

Korg

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the PvP video. I think it's quite awesome that you won a 3v1 fight haha!

    ReplyDelete