Thursday 17 November 2011

Life in Lowsec



I am finally fully set up in my low sec home, I mean its only taken 3 months of hauling when I can be bothered and jumping my pod through high sec so that I can set up a JC somewhere other than Heimatar space.  Still that part is over, thankfully.

So on to what I have been doing with myself I suppose, I recently decided to organise a frigate tournament details of which can be found here.  Just going to be a standard 1v1 style tournament until only one man is left.....cue Highlander quote 'There can be only one!'.  Now this all sounds great but as it stands I may just run it as a massive FFA and see who comes out on top atm as I still dont have enough participants to make the round robin worthwhile.  Either way the prizes will still be the same so its no skin off my teeth, will just change how I will do the video afterwards I suppose.

I have also finally settled on a standard ship for my pvp use, the Hookbill, specifically the dual prop fit shown below.
[Caldari Navy Hookbill, Dual Prop]
Damage Control II
Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core

Coreli C-Type 1MN Afterburner
Catalyzed Cold-Gas I Arcjet Thrusters
Medium F-S9 Regolith Shield Induction
Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Thorn Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Thorn Rocket
Rocket Launcher II, Caldari Navy Thorn Rocket

Small Core Defence Field Extender I
Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst I

The above version is the high isk spend version, generally I have a slightly different version with a t2 web and ab and the meta 3 scram.  It is a great frigate and thanks to its MWD/web/scram combo can catch a lot of tackle frigates and ranged frigates off guard when they try to dictate range on you.  
Thanks to the Hookbills range bonus and its relatively high speed, I can dictate range on the majority of frigates meaning I can run if I need to, although I don't always remember too.  This relatively high survival rate does however lead to me making some poor decisions concerning ECM and Sabres.
It has been a very successful ship for me however with nearly 80 kills in the last month and 7 losses (2 from gate camps) giving it a very high return, for the foreseeable future I don't think I will be flying much else...well except maybe my Raptor once in a while.

Fights

Hookbill vs. Slicer........+Slicer


This was one of those amazingly unfortunate moments when everything goes right and then spectacularly craps on your lap.

I was out on a roam in my Hookbill, doing my usual circuit around to Auga/Kourmonen when jumping through a gate there was a Minnie Militia Slicer on the gate.  I held my cloak whilst I considered my options
Slicers are generally fit for kiting other frigates taking advantage of there impressive range and are generally considered one of the best at it (at least at a frigate level) due to the high dps they still produce when at range.

As he was 15km off me I knew I could catch him with surprise, I decloaked and fired up the MWD burning towards him with O/H Web and Scram, he locked and started firing with me returning the favour.
As it happens he turned out to be a brawling fit which meant I could get in close and use my relative speed to play havoc with his tracking, using my afterburner and speed advantage I got in close and started to orbit. Even with all of this the fight was going to go down to the wire, as my shield was slowly stripped away his armor began to slowly drop as well, which shocked me as Slicers are not known to have a decent buffer.  We both hit structure about the same time, but thanks to Rockets nice volley and the timing of it he popped as I hit 20% hull, as I looted though Mystical Might (A well known pilot in the militia area) decloaked in another slicer and essentially alpha'd what was left of my ship before I could jump/warp....sucks.

Music

Kriss Kross - Jump
On a bit of an old school hip hop kick atm

Funnies
Chewbacca PC World Ad

Korg

No comments:

Post a Comment